Encouraging children to be themselves and love God, Children’s Worship is available on Sundays during 11am worship service during the school year. Modeled after Worship and Wonder children from three years old to 1st grade are invited to participate. This worship is an exciting way to approach faith formation with children.
Each child is a spiritual being who has a unique relationship with God. Through the stories and actions of Children Worship, children learn about God as they experience God. They hear Bible stories in a way that allows them to enter into the stories through their own life experiences.
Here is what happens weekly Children’s Worship:
- Children are invited to Children’s Worship following the Children’s Moment during worship in the Sanctuary. With adult supervision, children line up and walk to the Children Worship room. They line up outside the room. If they want they may remove their shoes.
- They sit in a circle and after a greeting they sing church songs of their choice.
- They hear a Bible story.
- They have a reflection time (individual activity).
- They clean up and return to the circle.
- They have an offering, hear a scripture, and pray for the feast.
- They have a "feast."
- They receive a blessing individually before going home with their families.
Children hear stories in the fall from the Old Testament. In December there are Advent stories. After Advent the children hear stories about Jesus, parables, and stories about the ministry of Jesus including Easter stories. Pentecost and Baptism finish the year.